Anglesey has launched its public consultation on whether to bring in a 'tourism tax' for overnight stays.
Gwynedd and Conwy are expected to follow suit in the coming days after the three local authorities announced plans to seek views on a potential visitor levy.
From next April, Cardiff will be the first in Wales to charge £1.30 per person per night for overnight stays in most accommodation, including hotels, and 75p in campsites and hostels.
But on Anglesey, council chiefs have stressed there's no decision yet on whether the levy will be introduced on the island, saying it will be based on feedback and evidence.
If the levy is adopted, it will come into force from 1st October 2027.
Council leader Gary Pritchard said: "This is an opportunity for everyone with an interest in Anglesey's future to have their say. We know there are strong and differing views on this issue, and it is important that we hear from as wide a range of people as possible."
"Whether you are part of the tourism sector, a resident, local business, visitor or a community group, your feedback will help inform the next steps."
"I have already taken the time to speak to several businesses in the hospitality industry about a possible visitor levy and now hope to see their views reflected during our consultation."
Last week, a council report weighed up both the potential benefits and drawbacks of a visitor levy.
It pointed to extra funding for maintaining visitor facilities including car parks and toilets, along with investments in projects that promote the Welsh language and the island's cultural assests, as well as supporting sustainable tourism.
On the other hand, concerns were raised over how visitors would respond to the levy, along with the impact on tourism businesses, particularly smaller accommodation providers.
Anglesey's tourism industry generates around £360 million a year to the local economy and supports over 3,500 jobs in visitor-related businesses.
But according to the consultation paper, "the nature of the product and its impact on the island is evolving and requires a transition to a more sustainable and empathetic model which ensures business success and economic enhancements while sustaining and enhancing the special qualities of the island."
The council says it's urging anyone with an interest in the future of tourism on Anglesey to take part, whether they back the idea or not.
Christian Branch, head of economic development at Angelsey Council, added: "Understanding local context is essential when considering any change that could affect the island's economy and communities."
"This consultation will help us build a clearer picture of potential impacts, particularly for local businesses and seasonal tourism patterns, and ensure that future decisions are grounded in evidence and informed by local insight."
The consultation, which runs until Monday 13th July, is available online via the Anglesey Council website - hard copies and backgound information will also be available at local libraries and leisure centres, as well as the county offices in Llangefni and at Oriel Môn.


Bangor seal treble with League Cup win
Hotspur's Owen wins young player of the season
TfW rolls out major timetable changes
£1m loan secured for Talwrn housing project
Senedd committees - what are they?