Caernarfon Food Festival returning in 2027

Tuesday, 19 May 2026 11:33

By MônFM Newsroom

Iolo Penri

The Caernarfon Food Festival will return in 2027 following a year's break, it's been confirmed.

Organisers announced on Monday night that the popular one-day free event will return on Saturday 8th May 2027 with applications for stallholders opening soon.

Last year, the festival committee announced they would take a year's break to develop, because the organisation's structure posed an "unbearable burden" on its volunteers, with some needing to step aside.

In a statement at the time, a spokesperson for Gŵyl Fwyd Caernarfon said it had grown "beyond all expectations in terms of size and popularity".

But fundraising events have continued including curry evenings, a Christmas market and food & drink stalls for the town's annual Bonfire Night displays.

Organisers say workshops and regular metings have been held to discuss the long-term sustainability of the festival, which attracts around 40,000 visitors a year, along with other community events.

The festival says more announcements about its future will be made soon.

Do you have a local news story to share? Email news@monfm.co.uk

Oes gennych chi stori newyddion lleol i'w rhannu? Ebostiwch news@monfm.co.uk

  • Listen Again

    Click here to listen again to your favourite show!

  • Gwrando Eto

    Cliciwch yma i wrando eto ar eich hoff rhaglen!

More from Local News

Nawr ar MônFM / Now on MônFM

  • MônFM drwy'r nos / through the night

    Midnight - 7:00am

    Caneuon gwych gyda'r nos / Great songs all night long

Wedi Chwarae / Previously Played

FM
monfm.co.uk
App
'Play MônFM'